|Bob Larkin's WAVE WATCHER|
ex Bolger BIRDWATCHER II
Phil Bolger's BIRDWATCHER Concept
Phil Bolger introduced a true revolution in micro-cruiser design with his BIRDWATCHER concept.
- Waterproof to above the knocked-down waterline (should float on its side without shipping water).
- Long gangway running the length of the interior (mid-line security for standing crew).
- Self-rescuing from inside the hull(!).
- All operations possible from within shelter (no outside cockpit necessary).
- Easily stricken rig (to reduce windage for rowing).
- Reasonable performance under oars (eliminates expense, and weight of motor, and allows extended cruising away from fuel sources).
|Full knockdown flotation and recovery test|
in TRILOBYTE (T16x4)
|SCUTTLEFISH, inspired by BIRDWATCHER|